Skip to main content

Mountain Marvels


 Mountains are wonders of the Earth, beautiful for all to see. Tall peaks and steep slopes, looming over everything. They often cause natural borders, separating countries from one another. Some have gaping holes with ash leaking out while others are tall and pointy. 


For the people around the weather can be strange. On one side it’s wet and cold, and the other a dry desert with hot days. And living in them can be tough. While they are beautiful, I don't suggest living there. There are few roads, and not much work. With limited soil, farming can be hard. It is expensive to build railways, but there are many natural resources. However, those are expensive to get also. I think I'll stick to just looking at them. 

Andes Mountains


Most often, Mountains form in ranges. It's very unusual for Mountains to form by themselves. Some of the most known ranges are the Andes and the Himalayas. The Andes are the longest chain of mountains that don’t split. The highest mountain in the Andes is Aconcagua at around 22,000 feet. The highest in the Himalayas is Mount Everest (also the tallest in the world) at around 29,000 feet.


Mount Everest
Works Cited

Newsela

Britannica



Comments

  1. I really liked reading your post. The descriptions of each mountain range was really good and I understood it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew a lot about mountains, just a few small facts. However, I did not know that the tallest mountain in the Andes was Aconcagua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you organized your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this blog post! It showed me how tall those mountains were. Also I never knew Mount Everest was a part of the Himilayas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this blog post was really good! I liked how you described some of the tallest mountains, and just mountains in general. It was very informative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment